Sinn Féin Councillor Patricia Logue commenting on the news that a family in Lower Bennet Street just off Foyle Road had a lucky escape after a pillow was placed against a gas main outside their home and set on fire just after 1am this morning.
Sinn Féin Councillor for the area Patricia Logue said
“This must have been a very frightening experience for this family.
It doesn’t bear thinking about had this fire taken hold.
I would appeal to anyone who has any information on those responsible to bring it forward to the police immediately.