Hassan shocked at scale of damage at Temple Park fire

Sinn Féin Councillor Tony Hassan said he was “shocked” at the scale of the damage caused by a fire to homes in the Temple Park area just off the Skeoge Road in the early hours of Friday morning.

He said “The scale of the damage caused by this fire is quite extensive” lg_tony_hassan_copy2

“When I went to visit the homes affected I was shocked by what I seen”

“We could have had a very serious situation on our hands here .I have seen video footage of the fire and it was very intense. Had this spread to adjacent homes, it doesn’t bare thinking about what could have happened here.

The home owners will now be left with a hefty repair bill just a couple of weeks before  Christmas .People put a lot of time, energy and money into building up a family home and for this to happen must be heartbreaking.

I would urge anyone with even the slightest piece of information on this incident to bring it forward to the PSNI straight away.

End