Sinn Féin Councillor Patricia Logue commenting on the news that a man has died in a house fire in the Upper Bennett Street area just off Abercorn Road this morning.
Speaking from the scene, Sinn Fein Councillor Patricia Logue expressed her sympathy to the man’s family.
This a terrible tragedy and the last thing anyone would expect to hear first thing on a Sunday morning.
I have spoken too many of the local residents here and there is shock in the community.
I would like to express my sympathies to the man’s family.